Core Subscription Offer
What is it?
We offer an annual 'Subscription' and 'Bolt-on' service to Infant, Primary and Junior Schools to support the development and delivery of school sport within their school.
Our subscribed schools have access to specialist support from our Partnership to meet National objectives and priorities, and to demonstrate their commitment to school sport.
The support we offer includes the guidance on the 'Approved Spend' of The PE and Sports Premium against the 5 Key Indicators as laid out by DfE, support with the delivery of 'The 30 Active Minutes' every day for all pupils to access, support meeting Ofsted obligations and much more.
We will keep you abreast of all national developments and support our schools in developing quality provision. We will keep you updated on the ever changing landscape of school sport and ensure that you have the support to meet any future requirements linked to the PE and Sports Premium.
Our subscription package is a fully approved and recommended (YST/AfPE/DfE) spend of the sports premium and is aimed at supporting Headteachers, Business Managers, and PE Coordinators in all aspects of PE and School Sport
Who is it for?
· We have a set Key Stage 1 only core subscription offer
· We have a set Key Stage 2 only core subscription offer
· We have a set Key Stage 1 + 2 core subscription offer
· We have an adaptable ‘out of area’ package for schools wishing to subscribe but who are out of area
Why subscribe to Harris CofE Academy School Sports Partnership?
· Fully Approved – Our offer is a legitimate spend of the PE and Sports Premium, with each item being allocated to one of the 5 Key Indicators as laid out by DfE. So you can rest assured that your school sport is in safe hands.
· P.E. – we deliver specialist, high quality curriculum lessons to include PPA cover and/or teacher mentoring to upskill your staff. Improved high quality PE will help you to meet Ofsted requirements. You can outsource your PE to us.
· Coaching – we deliver specialist, high quality coaching to include breakfast clubs, lunchtime clubs and after school clubs, offering additional opportunities and promoting healthy lifestyles to your pupils.
· After School Coaching – we run after school clubs to meet the Government agenda for a longer school day.
· Variety - this year we have offered: multiskills/fundamentals of movement, SAQ (speed, agility, quickness programme), infant agility, athletics, target games (tri golf, boccia, new age kurling), football, tag rugby, tennis, net/wall games (badminton, tennis), striking/fielding games, invasion games, kwik cricket, netball, quicksticks hockey, outdoor & adventurous activities (OAA), kickboxing, tae kwon do, educational dance, streetdance, cheerleading, dance fitness, gymnastics, basketball, rounders, dodgeball, disc-golf, ultimate Frisbee, streetsurf, handball, softball/baseball, volleyball, boxing fitness, table tennis, yoga and cardio tennis.
· Festivals - exciting sports festivals that your whole year group can enjoy focussing on participation and fun! A celebration of sport where schools come together in a central location.
· Competition – high level, high quality sports competitions.
· Gifted & Talented - Annual Gifted & Talented PE Day - flagship event full of fun, exciting and alternative activities giving pupils the opportunity to broaden their experience and extend their acquisition and application of skills.
· SEN - talent development support for children with special educational needs.
· Lunchtime leaders training - teaching your pupils to lead structured play at lunchtime and aiding in behaviour management during this period.
· Leadership Pathway - an awards scheme for your pupils achieved through curriculum PE.
· Awards - recognising the achievements of young people in sport (certificates, trophy).
· Bikeability - delivery of the modern 'cycling proficiency' at your school. A key life skill.
· Continued Professional Development - a huge variety of CPD opportunities to include centrally run courses and bespoke training at your school for both teaching and support staff.
· Primary PE Conference - another flagship event; our fantastic annual conference offers a variety of new and exciting workshops, the perfect balance of theory and practical.
· Partnership Working – We have fantastic and much valued partnerships with WASPS RFC, Coventry City FC, ChangeMakers and Catteralls Coach Transport, allowing us to offer some exciting opportunities.
· Youth Sports Trust Level 2 Membership - This year we will be linking with our friends at YST to offer even more opportunities to our schools. Together we have developed a bespoke package designed specifically for our partnership with a focus on the new requirements linked to the PE and Sports Premium funding. As a partner school you will automatically receive Level 2 Membership to YST and will receive further ‘cluster’ benefits.
As well as the above, subscription to Harris C of E Academy School Sports Partnership can play a crucial role in whole school development. We offer support and consultation, to include:
· Guidance on the development of PE and School Sport within your school in line with Ofsted's common inspection framework.
· Guidance on the spending of the PE Premium in line with Ofsted's common inspection framework.
· Development of cross-curricular activities.
· Embedding Health and Well-being within your school.
· Embedding PE and School Sport within your School Development Plan.
· Assistance in helping you to plan and deliver the additional 30 minutes of exercise for all students each day - A central requirement of the Government’s new Obesity Plan and an expectation of schools
Schools who buy into the core offer can access the additional ‘bolt-on’ opportunities to include the below:
- Coaching: additional PPA or curriculum support (teacher mentoring *) or extracurricular coaching; delivered by our high quality specialist coaches.
- Strategic Support: Guidance on the development of PE and school sport within your school and the spending of the PE Premium. This can be around developing PE within curriculum and extra-curricular sport; PE Premium support and guidance, Support with the 30 Active Minutes, developing leadership, intra-school competition, staff development, cross curricular working, active learning and achieving kite mark recognition.
- Strategic Support: As well as the above, you will receive direct support in embedding your school sport provision within your School Development Plan. Additional support and consultation for Headteachers, Governors and/or PE Coordinators on sports development within your school. Further support in the spending of the PE & School Sport Premium.
To find out more about or Subscription Offer and Bolt-on opportunities please contact Ian Smart (Partnership Development Manager) on 01788 812549 ext 305 or email firstname.lastname@example.org